Saturday, September 3, 2011

I must be getting boring ...

Happy Labor Day to Everyone!!!

Not a whole lot going on that is different. I have been trying to deal and cope with the latest life changing happening. I look around my home and am overwhelmed by the material that I have had to bring here so that we can go through it. We have already made multiple donations to various organizations in the area, had a yard sale to try and make enough to tend to final expenses (we all know the others aren't going to contribute), and I went back to work this past week, which has me completely exhausted. I have been nonstop since the Tuesday we took my dad to the emergency room. My stomach is on the rampage today, blood sugars have been stable, with a few lows, not being picked up until between 44 and 60. (Hillary made mention of the fact that she hopes it is only the stress and not the failure of my stemmies). I ache all over from all the moving we have done, and I am emotionally numb.

I, or I should say Hillary and I, have spent so long caring for, tending to, and looking out for someone this will be a huge adjustment for both of us. She has already had a couple of "moments" having started back to classes and usually stopping by to have lunch a couple of times a week with her grandfather to tell him of her happenings. He was very proud of her, and ALWAYS let her know it. Something that perhaps I didn't get, but am very happy that it was something he could do later in life. I do believe this is a normal thing for most of my parents generation. For as difficult as he could be, I will have to adjust to not having that duty to tend too, and that will be huge for me. Hillary will graduate in December, and then it is unsure of what our future may hold. I do know, that we can spend a little more time tending to us, focusing on our passions, mine being the stem cell process and where it is going ..... and how fast can we get it here, legitimately and within reach of the everyday patient, NOT just the well-to-do (which by-the-way, I am NOT).

I just wanted to drop in and see what was going on. It would appear that I am either getting boring, or people are just reading with no response .... LOL .... usually I am pretty good at stirring some sort of response. I must be slipping.

Wishing everyone a happy and safe Labor Day weekend!!!

Peace and Light
et

1 comment:

  1. No you are not boring, anything but that. I'm sorry your brothers are such a--h---s, but it shouldn't be a surprise to you after all they have put you and Hillary through. I'm glad they are gone and I hope you have nothing else to do with them. You don't need that stress in your life. I did read you news artical and it was great. Hopefully it will get results and the US will start using this treatment. It could be so helpful to so many people.
    I hope you and Hillary will finally get a chace to take care of yourselves and to he-- with anyone else. Hope your suger is getting under control now.
    Love and prayers are going your way.
    Love Mom D

    ReplyDelete