Monday, June 6, 2011

The lymph node saga continues

Evening all ...

Well, my afternoon was blown out of the water about 1:30 today. I received a call from the local hospital looking to schedule additional tests. OK ... well .... I returned the phone call to have some secretary tell me she was looking at an order to do an ultrasound. I told her, I had this ultrasound done on May 31. She says her order is dated 6/1. She tells me nothing more when I question as to "WHAT" I am being scheduled for. After some investigative questions, she tells me perhaps I should call the doctors office and see what is going on. HELLO .... I didn't initiate this call.

I call my PCP office, knowing she is out of town until 6/20 and that the order was originally for an ultrasound, with follow up biopsy should something show on the ultrasound. Now, we all remember I had the CT scan done of same area the week prior, apparently being told there was nothing out of the ordinary evident. OK ... now I am on the phone with office and getting more and more irritated as each question is asked. About an hour later, I get a return phone call and the woman tells me that my PCP's colleague will/wants to see me tomorrow and we will go over the results of the ultrasound. I ask, "why can't he just tell me what they want to schedule, and what the results say?" She states to me that he "will not talk to me on the phone, I need to come in." WTF .... I told her that I have a follow up appointment scheduled with my own PCP following her return and the original order in my hand as to WHAT was ordered and written. So, WHY, must I waste yet more time out of my work week to come in and "talk in person?" I can't begin to tell you all how irritated and on edge I am regarding the treatment of this little "swelling." This not only occurred almost 3 years ago, and has waxed and waned ever since, even through a couple of surgeries. Now, clearly evident that there is an issue, and twice in the ER in the past month, multiple tests, insurance company telling me they won't pay for a biopsy, yet, 3 screenings later at $$$ and still ... no word, no diagnosis.

All I can say is that I am not going to sleep well tonight, and that tomorrow could very well push me over the edge and contemplating a call to an attorney. If what gets said to me at 11:15 in the morning, no doubt messing with my lunch/work schedule, is not something worthy of my time, I am going to head down the mountain to a Phoenix hospital with reports in tow and I will make contact with an attorney as this is totally unacceptable in the realm of medical treatment. What ticks me even more, is that this sort of behavior in the medical communities is becoming the norm, not the exception. I will state it again, the United States is and has, fallen behind in not only medical treatments, knowledge, expertise, but, as I saw over the weekend on a CNN program, innovation all around, WE SUCK!!! This is NOT reality folks, this is ridiculous!!!

OK ... well ... now that I have spewed that word vomit all over the WWW, I will wish you all a restful, relaxing evening. I am off to a clean bed, with prayers for my sanity and own calming effect to help me make it through tomorrow and what is tossed upon me at that time.

Peace and Light
et

1 comment:

  1. Good luck tomorrow. I definitely think you should stop going to these people and go to Phoenix this place doesn't seem to know what they are doing.
    Keep us informed about what they tell you.
    As always my prayers and thoughts are with you and Hillary.
    Love Mom D

    ReplyDelete