Monday, January 31, 2011

Final travel and treatment ....

Well ... I got the final travel and treatment email this afternoon. I do believe the slightest bit of reality and anxiety are beginning to set in. LOL .... I have to laugh, cause I don't want to cry ... I am saving that for the happy times!!

All is set, I just need to gather and pack what I will need (into 2 suitcases) as I will only take the basics on the jaunt for treatment, and a bigger bag to stay with friends upon my return for babysitting purposes until my State side follow up with my own endocrinologist on February 14th. I saw my PCP this morning, not really impressed, but sort of happy he made himself available if I need him prior to the next appointment in 6 months. I am happy in the sense that I would prefer my endocrinologist taking the reigns on this venture, and not having "too many cooks in the kitchen", so to speak. She knows me well, and she knows what I have been dealing with over the last several years and has watched it decline. I had my labs done, so I got copies to share with her and the doctor in Mexico. Let's just say I am thinking I would kill for a couple of Valium by weeks end ... LOL ... and they don't even effect me as they do others ... that is what is funny.

Anyway ... it is all coming down to the wire, and I am still not sure how I should be feeling ... ??? Any words of wisdom from folks would be of great comfort and relief ... hahaha ... no, really. It would seem that all of those around me are or seem to be more excited about this than I have shown. Trust me, I am on a cloud, for so many reasons, I have never had so many feelings/emotions running a muck at the same time ... at least that I can remember.

Well, I have to finish making my bed and get ready for work tomorrow, and gather some belongings for the trip.

Thanks to all!!
Stay warm and dry all of you about to get hit again, with yet another snow storm. I admire your stamina ... I couldn't do it anymore ... I would be in the house until May!! LOL ....

Peace and Light
et

1 comment:

  1. What a milestone!! Sending wishes for complete success, less stress, more love and prayer for you....You'll do fine and God Bless.....Much Love, Aunt Ann

    ReplyDelete