Sunday, April 14, 2013

Please, don't define my life as "tragic"

Good Sunday to all!!

Again, I apoligize for lack of posting. I am doing my very best to move forward, in life, in recovery from my injuries, as well as trying to maintain some sort of control in regard to my T1.

In conversation with a family member the other day, and a friend or 2 over the past few months, it has been stated that my life appears "tragic" to many. I can't help myself but chuckle at statements like this. My life is not tragic, but any means of the definition ... at least not in my opinion.  As a middle schooler, others made similar comments to my daughter, regarding life with me .... again, and she stated this, "she lives with it ... it does not define her!"  Out of the mouths of babes. 

In relation to the past 12-14 months ... my life has taken a turn that I had never imagined for myself. A complete transformation of sorts ... but in my heart and soul, I am the same person I have always been, just with a weeeeeee bit more challenge.  I am doing my best to work my way through all these changes ... and to be honest with you, it is sort of a liberating experience.  I am allowing myself the time, and the failures of such, to make my way.  I don't know how to put a price on the things I have lost ... that is not my main objective ... I DO, however, want those holding the cards, even though these individuals have done and been in the wrong, i.e., at fault .... to do what is right. I am skeptical at best.

I have learned even more about who I am, and what I am capable of and my compass to aim me in the appropriate direction so that I may move forward in a positive, serene, sort of manner. I know what I like, I know how to enjoy those around me ... and have chosen to surround myself with those who WANT to know me and what makes me get up in the morning .... lol .... I guess what some call "tragic", I call character strengths ... hehehe ... I am looking forward to being able to put my book project into some sort of tangible sort of income and look to helping move the stem cell science to the front of today's healthcare issues.  I am sick to death, no pun intended, of the wrong sorts of folks calling the shots on my life ... last time I checked, I did reside in a "free country" .... and I don't feel my take on it, is completely off base. 

Anyway ... I am going to take today and tomorrow rather easy ... just trying to finalize some of the last things to rid my surroundings of.  I am no different from you, I put my pants on the same way, cope with the same sort of self-doubt, and questions about the future many do, I just do it with obstacles of Type 1, the chronic, potentially fatal disease in which I have lived and dealt with my entire life ... or at least 40 of the last 50, and a brain injury inflicted on me by an individual who thought his actions apparently are of no fault of his own, and that my status has nothing to do with him or his actions.  I move forward ... regardless of my "status".  I have some really great people in my corner, excellent therapists, going beyond what I believe if the scope of involvement, wanting "what's right" .... and looking out to make sure I am, at least taken care of in terms of covering my expenses in the medical area alone, never mind the "pain and suffering" of it all. I don't know how to put a price on anything like that.

I am off to do some packing of my worldly possesions ... hehehe ... wishing you all a comforting, happy, and relaxing sort of day.

Peace and light
et

No comments:

Post a Comment