Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Encouraging news on the research front

Check out this article in todays press releases on spine surgeons here in California.

http://beckersorthopedicandspine.com/spine/item/12703-20-spine-surgeons-researching-stem-cell-treatments

Some pretty exciting stuff. I continue to pray for the intelligence of those passinate about finding cures, and more humane treatments and less pharmaceuticals. I am all too aware of the need for pharmaceuticals ... without them, folks like myself, would not survive very long. Insulin, for example, keeps me alive. However, I have seen and experienced such changes that I remain a verbal advocate for the science, as it can only get better with new ideas, practices, and the data needed to move this forward.

I will try and post a more "personal" update on things going on with me currently. Since my accident, my life has been altered permanently. So much for that "Only a concussion, and it's just going to take time." Eight months or so after the fact, and now it is permanent, with all the work on me to learn new ways to remember and focus on the things I once found so interesting, I have to place myself in another realm.

There is still so much going on, doctors to report to the attorney, legal issues related to the accident, and medical coverage, which I am about to lose and waiting on decisions from SS. I had appointments with neurologist, endocrinologist, lab, PCP, and now scheduled to undergo ultra sound to determine if there is an abdominal aortic anerysm present .... some odd symptoms came about after the accident .... still, so much uncertainty, and I can do no more than do my best to cope with it all and remain alive in the process. I feel like I am making progress .... but then it is pointed out that yes, but not the sort of progress I had hoped to happen months ago ...

Think I am beginning to wander. So I am going to do a few household chores, chill out with Maggie, as she is not a big fan of monsoon season here in Arizona.

I wish all a wonderful day.
Be good to yourself, be good to each other.

Peace and Light
et

No comments:

Post a Comment