Saturday, July 2, 2011

Happy 4th!!

                                                                      
                      HAPPY 4th America!!

Independence .... Please remember all of those who have sacrificed to allow us this privilege. I like to think of it as my ability to "hold my own." It has also been said I have too much of it,

Independence .... something I feel I was raised to believe I have the power to induce. With this power, I have a lot to consider on this, the second Independence Day, as well as my birthday, without my mother. It was 2 years ago this weekend that I dove into finding and applying to take part in a clinical trial to help extend my life. As we all know, I was rejected from this aspect of looking for a cure. That was a devastating blow to me. However, I did not give up, in fact, I believe that although the stem cell treatment in which I underwent in February of this year, is not a cure, YET, it is and has the potential to be the underlying process in which health can be regained. I experienced, in spite of the health issues I have dealt with since February, beginning with the pneumonia, SO many more positives than negatives with the receipt of this treatment. As with anything that takes a long time to deteriorate, one cannot expect it to rejuvenate in one treatment. So ... I will be planning to undergo it again. I also believe, that had I not had the "stemmies," I would, without a doubt, be in a whole lot worse shape, if not dead already.

As I contemplate the undergoing of the treatment again .... I will continue to advocate for people who can benefit from this treatment, and that, to me, is such a wide array of people with a wide array of afflictions. This is our HOPE for future cures.

Also, I am still in chaos as far as my insurance company denying the request to undergo a biopsy and/or the PET scan. So ... we all know what I am contemplating there. I WILL NOT LAY DOWN, for these sorts of establishments. They are calling the shots on MY life, based on their MONETARY INTAKE, and that is the big picture where I sit currently. I will not lay down and die without a fight, I have overcome way too much in my life, health-wise, as well personal situations, to be taken out on bureaucratic BS!!!

With that being said, it is Independence Day .... stand up for what you believe in, and don't forget those who fought and sacrificed the ultimate for us to have that independence. Happy 4th!!

No comments:

Post a Comment