Monday, December 13, 2010

Tis the Season .....

Greetings to All!!

From the bottom of my heart, and depths of my soul, I would like to wish everyone a very MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY, HEALTHY, NEW YEAR!!!

With that being said, I have more than I can cope with coming into the new year. I am sitting with less fundraising than I had hoped for, really hoping to get the treatment prior to the new year. Hillary and I have been struggling for months to stay on top of the bills, not very successfully, I might add. I refuse to touch monies set aside for treatment. With the new year comes new medical insurance, which I just know, is going to be costly and cause more distress in terms of over all health. You know, with the stress of trying to come up with out-of-pocket cash until I reach a rather chunky deductible. Still caring for Dad, who is on the decline and anyone who has cared for a loved one, elderly, or otherwise, knows that this alone wears on one's stamina and well being. I have been ill for over a week now, pushing myself as I always have, only to discover, I don't have what I once did .... the stamina. I have .... tried to keep up the 40-hour a week job with high stress levels, unrealistic expectations in a bad economy, not to mention my poor health, yet I allowed myself to be pushed.

For the new year, I want my treatment, I want to be able to spout the benefits for so many people that this is where our future lies. I want to advance my education in relation to my job area. Keep my loved ones, friends and family, close and enjoy each day to the fullest. I would LOVE to have a vacation ... a break that did not include doctor appointments, my being sick, or any sort of a hospital stay and/or recuperation. I would love to sit on a beautiful island somewhere with a few good books that have gone unread for up to two years now. Just to vegetate, relax, sleep when I want, enjoy the sunshine of each day, rain if it shows its face, no phones, a massage, jacuzzi, poolside ocean views, total relaxation!! What a dreamer I am hey?? LOL.

For today ... I will rest, take care of my inner self, as well as my ailments (infection on top of stress makes for high BGs). I will take care of the business in which needs tending, the doctors, the IRS, work .... I am going to put in for some time off in the next couple of weeks ... like a couple of extended long weekends. I have so much crap to get rid of .... I don't know what happened to any sort of organizational skills I may have once had, as I have no clue where they are now!! :D

Am back on the couch, about to assume the horizontal position to place my ear on the heating pad again .... I must get my behind back to work tomorrow, in spite of my wish for a 5 day stint in the hospital, just to get my rest, and hydration. That is pretty sad .... To all who continue in my fight with me ... a joyous, meaningful Christmas season. (Or .... whatever belief you may have in regard to this joyous season, I thank you for being part of my life.

Peace and Light
et

No comments:

Post a Comment