Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Holiday stress + everyday stress =

Morning to all!!

Seems as though Mother Nature is dumping her wrath across the world this week. I hope everyone is safe, warm, traveling safely, etc. Let's us not forget that we have no control over Mother Nature, so we must just find a way to cope with the inconvienences she creates. It is no one's fault, not the trains, the planes, not even the automobiles .... only the drivers.... LOL.

In response to all the stressors of the times, financial, economic, (sort of the same thing); lack of adequate healthcare for ALL .... work, home, and anything else you can come up with that may throw a knife into what you thought might be the perfect plan..... add the everyday juggle of dealing with a chronic disease. You have a lot to cope with. In recent weeks, my blood sugars have been up and down not like a yoyo, but a freaking super-ball. Last night is a prime example, over stressed, loosing grip, on edge, uncertain on so many levels of life, I went from 124 upon awaking, 224 up leaving my meeting, by the time I got home it was 276, and that was with corrections. I had little to eat yesterday due to nausea and anxiety cramping any real appetitie. Hillary went to work, I get down to 116 before bed, seems good to medicate with a couple of Tylenol Pm and I am up at 11:15 in a 39 frame of mind ..... STUPID!!! I have a 1/2 of peanut butter sandwich and a glass of milk, decide I am going back to bed and fall asleep before checking my stats, I awake at 6 AM with a 424!! ..... all this up and down is far from good, this is the stuff that does major damage, on so many levels. It is bad enough that in recent years this has been sort of a norm, minus the ultimate highs, mostly lows, and the unawareness of such. I can't function with a head that doesn't know which end of the spectrum it should be functioning at.

I took today off. Just had a chat with my HR director, AKA new direct supervisor. It seemed pretty positive in regard to my current status, but .... I am still deeply, deeply hurt by the actions of a certain person who was once considered not only my supervisor, but a friend. That I can honestly say, is totally over, and apparently, given her words, she never was. Funny, people play games with other peoples feelings and personal lives, just to advance thier own, and give no bones about any sort of ramifications, personally, professionally, or even on a human level. To me, these sorts of personalitys suffer from some sort of disorder .... what is that saying ... all the nuts are the ones with a high level of intelligence .... RUN, the monkeys have taken over the banana factory!!! LMAO .... I have no real purpose for people like this ... therefore, I better place that barricade up around my sensitive little heart again, and beware of any sort of intrusion into my quiet, tranquil style of life ... hahahaa .... (Still hoping for that wish to come true). In all honesty, I just want a quiet, enjoyable lifestyle, with my dearest friends and family, to enjoy each other, and each day given to us to make a difference. The lack of any sort of human component in life today, is sort of sad. No one seems to know how to communicate in a face to face manner, in a manner of humanism. I think this fact really needs to come back to the forefront before something devastating happens in the world, because it will be then, at that time, that the strong will survive, and those that "believe" they have all it takes, will no doubt crumble due to lack of coping skills in a humanistic nature, it won't be "all about me." It will have to become the survival of a nation ... which requires a team approach, a caring, nuturing manner of not only ourselves, but those around us.

Man, I wish I could get paid for some of this writing nonsense ... to me ... it looks pretty thought provoking .... LOL ...

I have to shower, and go take my dad to the store in his effort to help with Christmas dinner. It is what my focus will be for this afternoon anyway. Tomorrow is another day ..... and that my friends, is how I have to care for me right now, one day at a time, one moment as they come, and do the best I can to get through them, triumphantly ....

Have a wonderful day and please have safe travels, and slow the pace to enjoy and smell the tiny gifts that are right in front of us.

Peace and Light!!
et

1 comment:

  1. I love your take on the boss thing - I learned 1x too many that becoming too close can be detrimental - take care of yourself and don't worry about anything that doesn't need it - and for Godsakes - eat when you need to - even if you don't want to!

    ReplyDelete