Wednesday, December 29, 2010

As another year comes to an end ...

Greetings to all who have followed me on this journey ....
The journey that will not seem to come to an end..... yet.

I have been exceptionally humbled in the venture. I am just a small piece of a what could be a very big picture. I really want this treatment, I want to prove that it will not only have positive results for me, but that it has the potential to help so many others. It has been such an experience to speak with people, strangers, people who have some of the same issues, know or love someone who suffers from the challenges of Type I, and others who are just so inspired by the drive and/or the science. It really is a very cool area of the science picture, and it remains my goal to be a part of that science for the future of our health care where debilitating diseases are concerned. Thank you .... for your continued prayers and support in this venture.

As the new year comes into play, I know that my health is my main concern currently as it is not going as well as I had hoped and with continued stress on so many levels, it is withering downward faster than I would care to admit. I want to receive the treatment and in hopes of a better future for myself, to help educate and inform others on the potential. I would like to continue my education in regard to my career. That will be an undertaking, and also costly, and something I am very hesitant about not knowing how I may weather the ride. I don't like to think on those lines, but I do have other responsibilities in my life that currently take priority. I have my home, my daughter, who is very self-sufficient, but still somewhat dependent on my support to complete her degree in nursing. She is going to make an incredible nurse. Then there is my father ... whose health and mental status continues to fail and place a great deal of stress on both Hillary and myself, along with all the "handling" of such issues when he does pass, all to be completed in a 30 day span, being out of work, and tending to legalities. Hmmmmm ..... I don't remember being brought up in a one-child family .... hahahhahahah ...... being a grown up sucks at times.... which might be a big reason I look at life in a child-like frame of mind at times.

In any event, it has been a long, bitter-sweet year in the happenings of my life. I continue to learn and grow, hopefully, remaining true to my heart and beliefs and not with any intention of hurting anyone. I do feel strongly about my stance, and I will do my best to educate those who seem to be so ignorant to the fact that there is a lot of people who suffer in this world, pull your heads out of that "hole" and look at the truth of a matter, and not just what might benefit you at any given time. Ignorance is not an excuse ....

To those people who have come to my side, opened their hearts, their homes, and donated time and monies to the "cause" .... I am forever grateful and eternally in your debt. To get the word out there, promote awareness, continue to live life to the best of my ability, and hopefully, make a difference in someone else's life.

THANK YOU ..... again, just doesn't seem like enough .....
To all, I hope that 2011 brings peace, hope, and continued health to all my loved ones, friends, family, and those who quietly move in and about to help others. Your spirit is a gift beyond any other .... and I am grateful to be a receiver of such.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

PEACE AND LIGHT
et

1 comment: