Sunday, September 26, 2010

News Release

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/international-stem-cell-institute-launches-major-adipose-adult-stem-cell-therapy-program-the-new-frontier-of-medicine-is-your-fat-2010-08-26

(Not sure what I don't do here, but cut and paste the above article in your web browser)

Fundraising is not going as I had hoped. I really can't do this on my own due to my lack of physical energy but with work, home, dad .... sounds like I'm whining doesn't it?

My plan this week is to get a couple of more donation containers out there. I am in process of drafting a letter to the JDRF to see if there is anyway that there may be some sort of grant available? Why ... I ask this question repeatedly with no real answer other than the almight buck .... I find it frustrating and down right discusting given our self-proclaimed "best healthcare in the world" mantra. As I have lived with this my entire life (all of the life I can recall) I will attest that I believe that we are holding back on the people of America.

This treatment will cost $10K currently, with perhaps another treatment needed in 6-12 months .... now ... given that in a years time, lets take last year for instance, I paid out 14K and some change on my medical appointments, supplies, medications, and needed additives such as batteries and tape. Come on people .... it isn't rocket science. Any moron can do the math. I am not a high tech worker, I am not college educated to the point of degree, I work my ass off day in and day out ... for what? basically ... just to stay alive!!! Sort of gives me no real choice in my activities of lesiure does it? Good thing I learned at a very early age, that being rich does not always involve money ... but in times like this, or in hindsight, to help my mother raise us 6 kids when 2 of us in the household suffered from a chronic disease. Yes, my father hasn't worked in almost 46/47 years. I can tell you, his attitude made me want to be VERY different. I could sit back, do pretty much nothing, allow the government to fund me, and just sit back and wait, wait to cost the American people a shitload of $$. I don't like that attitude and never have. I try and have tried, very hard in my life to keep my disease almost secret. The less people who knew, the less I had to explain, the more chance I had of being treated like others. As a kid, nothing pissed me off more than to have someone make a nasty toned comment when I was spotted taking a cookie, or having ice cream, etc. BITE ME ... most not having a clue what I dealt with or how the whole diet swap worked, etc. Yet .... "she shouldn't be eating that", "she can't have any sugar" .... oh my god ... look at any ingrediant lable folks, do you have any idea how many forms of sugar there are? how they effect your body or metabolism? Until you do, please don't lecture me on how to compensate to keep my weight stable, my blood sugars in a safe level, or how to get them back up in a fast manner. I know, and yet, even I when faced with these situations, can draw a complete blank these days. Does anyone have any idea how scarey that can be?? Especially when one is alone, and trying to comprehend the situation at hand.

This adipose treatment has the potential to help me in the way that my drastic blood sugar drops will be diminished or stopped on top of other benefits to my body, such as perhaps easing my gastrointestinal paralysis which poses more problem than anyone who hasn't lived with it could ever imagine. It makes insulin to carb ratio a near impossible juggling act. The longer my condition continues in the manner it has, the more prominent the neuropathy I have in my feet will make those "big shoes" I sometime wear a distant thing of the past. Neuropathic pain is some of the most painful, mind blowing (in more than one aspect) form of pain a person can cope with.

Please read with an open mind. I need this sort of help. I beleive deeply that this is where our future lies, not just for diabetics, but for so many diseases. We NEED this sort of medicine in the US. STOP sending us to other countries to get what should rightfully belong right here, right now!!! The research continues, it is not new, only the benefits of such are being brought to the forefront.

Please help me with continued support and spreading the word. Let me prove that this treatment can work for type I's such as myself. I am willing to be that animal, if it should prove wrong ... well shame on me..... but.... I have deep faith in this science and the potential to make life better for so many. Help me to prove this in a timely manner.

I really don't know what else to say.....??

Thank you for your continued love and support!!
Peace and Light
et

No comments:

Post a Comment