Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Just an update

Hi ~

No word yet from SF. I know that no news is suppose to be good news, but was hoping to hear as I was told by Monday or Tuesday. I will wait another day or two as it isn't like I have my hands full at this moment.

Just in from hospital. Dad took a 360 degree turn for the worst last night only moments apparently after I left the room. He was agitated upon my leaving and I felt it best that he get some rest, and asked the nurse to keep an eye on him and perhaps check to see if he wanted something to help him sleep. It would seem the Ativan backfired as I was told it often does in elderly patients. He became even more agitated and then became combative which of course required more meds to offset the Ativan. They gave him Haldol and Fentynal. Upon my arrival this morning (late) he was out cold and unresponsive to any sort of stimulation without great irritation and agitation. He was mumbling all sorts of weird things. So I let him be and returned to work as he was out cold, falling asleep mid-sentence. Needless to say, they had to cancel the MRI of his abdomen as he needs to be able to comprehend directions and be alert. I did speak with the kidney doctor at this time. She seems to believe that although the MRI will be much better than the ultrasound, it is still not optimal given that they don't want to aggravate the kidneys with contrast dye (which is very hard on the kidneys). Seems to be theory that it could be cancer. If so, then I am correct in my call that I do believe he is about to do his journey to the other side. It is not like I don't know the classic signs, this isn't the first time, the second time, or the third time, recently, and in my lifetime. I felt bad leaving him tonight, as I don't care who you are, or what you may have done in your life, I don't believe anyone should have to die alone. Hillary called the hospital a few minutes ago to ask them to call her should they need her assistance during the night. He listens to her, and she has a knack for calming him down and making him know that it will be okay. She is scheduled to work tomorrow and they moved dad to the fourth floor this morning (out of ICU) and that is her floor so she will be able to check on him and do the oversight. She told me this evening that I need to break, as I look like crap, feel like crap, and have had multiple stress related high blood sugars since returning home on Saturday.

Ok .... I need to go to bed, it is ten and I still have to work.

Hope to have an update on the testing from SF and if I can start the last 30 days of logs.

Be well !!
Peace and Light
et

No comments:

Post a Comment