Thursday, March 4, 2010

Heartfelt thanks for all the prayers and well wishes

Hello,

Well ... one more day of work, and packing, and laundry, and hopefully a little sleep before Deb and I hit the road on Saturday morning at the crack of dark. I am not nervous, not scared, just anxious to get things moving. This is hopefully the last phase before that any moment call to say they have a donor for me, a perfect match.

I am going to take the next week to try and regroup, reassess, regenerate, and calm myself from within. There is no better place for me to accomplish this than on the ocean. I find being on the ocean calming, a sort of place for me to worship and put life into perspective .... which is something I am so overdue for and in GREAT need. I am sure that Deb and I will have a lot of laughs .... and maybe some tense moments too, (I drive a Toyota), but we will be just fine. This is a new experience for me. I have done a lot of traveling ... but never like this. I have always been alone, with my mom, and/or Hillary ... you know, people who really know you and can tolerate you good or bad. Get ready Deb ... hehehee ... I have never been called a bad house guest, but as J&P can attest, there is usually some sort of ailment happening with me that makes a trip anything but dull.

So ... it might be a couple of days before my next post, but please know that I take all the well wishes, good vibes, and prayers with me as I will need them to get through this. I knew this was going to be difficult on an emotional level, but didn't realize that it would affect me as it has. Perhaps it has a lot to do with all the personal changes going on .... my new job role and duties, so much added responsibility and not having any "me" time. I am going to make this next week ... ME time!!

Again ... we will travel safe in hopes of reaching our destination by dark on Saturday evening.

Peace, Love, and light!!!!
et

5 comments:

  1. Good Luck. I remember when I made that trip myself. My mom and I drove through a snow storm to get to Minneapolis. It was also a funny feeling to go take such important tests, and not have any way to prepare for them. All that matters is biology at this point. It will be a fun and very exiting experience for you. I wish you the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you all the very best on your journey. It can't be easy, but knowing so many people are rooting for you will give you strength.

    Warmly,Dawn in Austin

    ReplyDelete
  3. If your weekend involves some laughing and crying remember what Truvy said...Laughter through tears is my favorite emotion.

    I hope you have a safe trip.
    ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my favorite "chick flicks" Jeanne, and one of my favorite emotions as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a safe trip. Keep us posted.
    Love ya,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete