Friday, August 5, 2011

Some exciting stuff for me

Hi Everyone and Happy Friday!!!

Not a whole lot going on that is new. I do have some exciting  news (or at least it is my idea of exciting). First, I am home today with what I thought I had a hold of, a sinus infection. My head is killing me!! With this monsoon season in full flow here in AZ there is a lot of blowing dust, dirt, etc., then stirred up with a down pour of rain that releases tons of God only knows what, filling the air. It isn't anything like the rains I remember from back east. There is no refreshing smell of wet grass or flowers after a rain, it is wet dirt at best. This area also throws lots of spores from the dirt and dust which can cause some pretty nasty upper respiratory infections, and something they call Valley Fever, which is something I would really like to avoid. I also had a doctor appointment this week in which the provider asked me "why hasn't it been biopsied yet?" regarding my lymph node issue, which after her examination, has been bothering me for the last 3 days. She is requesting past operative reports and seems sincere in getting this little issue taken care of .... she is one of only 2 providers I have dealt with in the past 3-4 months of this that seems totally irked with the mentality of most of the health care community in which they have placed their passion. Just goes to prove, some still have their ethics and compassion. We will see where this goes, and how fast. I follow up next week.

So the week has been pretty long in the sense of fighting the sinus pain, dealing with the same individuals who refuse to do their jobs and yet continue to have one, and try and accommodate the duties I have in and out of the workplace. I saw to my Dad a couple of times this past week, he continues to be a major source of stress for me and I am trying to fit in going over and getting things ready to move and/or get rid of. Sounds sort of harsh, but, unfortunately, I will get no help with this mission or the payment of his final bills, etc from the so-called siblings. With that being said, let's move on to what I feel is exciting and gets me all pumped up .....LOL.

Earlier this week I got a call from the Stem Genex gentleman (who was not part of my treatment at the time), he asked if I would talk to another patient in regard to how my treatment went. I, of course, said yes!! I wished at the time, I had been able to speak with someone who had undergone the treatment, or had dealt with any particular company. I am now in a position to offer my experience as I am not afraid to do so. I want anyone, and everyone, to know that I was treated VERY well, well within ethical guidelines, and the personal touch was more than comforting. If I can offer that to another patient, especially those suffering from Type I, I want to do it. My daughter and I have actually spoken about this divulging of information and the way that HIPPA can prevent people from getting this sort of information. So ... if this is the only legacy I leave behind, I am willing to put myself out there to do so. So I thought that was pretty exciting!! Also, and this is something that has had me all excited this week ... The informational news letter put out by the ISCI / Stem Genex and is full of up-to-date info on where the science is, etc. is going to spot light ME!!! In 2 weeks, I will be the patient spot light on my story (condensed version) and my response to treatment in just the 1st six months. I am so excited as the woman I spoke with last night who conducted the interview was SO intriguing and interesting, we could have been on the phone all night!!! She really was, yet another, strong, intelligent woman placed in my direct path on this leg of my journey. I have a feeling, or shall I say, it is my real hope, that one day soon I can put myself right into this area of medicine either as the "guinea pig" producing the data to those who can REALLY put it to use, or, that I am available to patients who want, as I, to live longer, healthier, and prove the US regulatory agencies holding us back WRONG!!

Again, all the political happening in the past couple of weeks has me reeling. Loss in the stock market yesterday hit my 401K hard, and that is about all I have as any sort of "investment" to help in my future. I don't have to tell most of you, that I am not a rich woman, monetarily speaking. I work hard to keep a roof over our head, I have all the basic expenses most have, plus, even with health insurance, I have medical expenses, both appointments and supplies in which total a whopping 7k + a year, and that doesn't always include any deductible. (I'm thinking this is a big reason I can't find a date .... LOL). So with that info, how can I possibly do anything exciting such as a vacation!!?? I try to make the time, and lucky for me and the child, we are a cheap date, and so easily amused. These sorts of expenses never seem to be taken into consideration, in regard to "getting ahead." A perfect example, is my daughters applications for Federal aide to assist her with her college education. She doesn't usually qualify ..... imagine that.... a young, white woman, who is fully employed (full-time) and putting herself through college (yes, full time) with very little help. She took out a loan last year that was made more difficult then our mortgage was. Yes, she is also a home owner, and she is only 22 years old!!! I could take this post to a whole other level in regard to not only our health care, but our declining educational status. WE ARE NOT THE SUPER POWER that the big guys in Washington want us to believe and if you are that "brain washed" to believe we are .... then you should dig a little deeper as you will be in for a very rude awakening ... and my guess, is it won't be too long now before it all blows up on the American people. That is those that are still alive when the pharmaceuticals, over priced health care, and the environment get done with us. Talk about a legalized way of thinning out our own population ..... LOL .....

I wish ... and on a daily basis, wish I knew what I could do as one person to make that difference. I can't, it will take a whole band of voices to get things like this changed. It has to change, this is not the model in which I believe this country was built, and it continues to fail us, as citizens, every day.

I can't wait to see what is compiled for the news letter, and will certainly post a link this this information when it comes out. I know I have been getting the ISCI news letter since I found them over a year ago, it comes to my email, so anyone who wants in that way, can sign up to stay up to date by visiting the website. Lots of things are changing, and even I need to get caught up, this is such an exciting time for this science / medicine!!! Please join me in bringing a change to the outlook behind stem cells.

Thanks and have a wonderful weekend!!!

Peace and Light
et

No comments:

Post a Comment