Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Things are moving along

Hi Everyone!!

Thank you again for all the well-wishes, love and support.
This has been a very stressful, rather nerve-racking few days.

I have my dates, I will leave for Brownsville on September 12 or 13, tentitive still. I will undergo all my orientation and such, on the night of the 13th, my treatment scheduled for the 14th beginning at 8:00AM. I can come home on Wednesday ....anytime I book my flight out. I'm shooting for late afternoon, arriving back in Phoenix to stay with friends overnight, check in with my endocrinologist in Phoenix prior to making the treck up the mountain for home (only a 2 hour ride).

My funding is still up in the air as of this afternoon, but I am VERY hopeful, that the friend working on the "quick" funding will be able to do his magic. How totally blessed I have been to have people in my life with the ability to help in ways I could never .... and to think so much of me, that they would!! I AM TOTALLY BLESSED IN THAT RESPECT!!! By tomorrow afternoon, I hope to have the funding secured, fundraising will get back on track to try and help defer some of the costs. I can't, it just isn't in me to allow it all to be carried by others. I will be ever so greatful for the help and support in this aspect, as I am just not in the position to pull this off. I spend more than 12K a year just to keep myself alive, to ask for this much funding to extend and better my existing life span is a gift beyond explaination, or words to describe. It (the entire gamat of emotions) is overwhelming at best. Tomorrow will be the tell tale all of what happens.

I will post again tomorrow to update on the finalization of this last-ditch effort.
In the meantime; for those of you I didn't email the following link, watch the video from the 60 Minutes expose on stem cell medicine ... This is facinating stuff, and everyone should watch and be open to this sort of science. It is, in my belief, where our "cures" will come from.



Until next time.....
Light and Love
et

1 comment:

  1. Sounds good, keep us posted. Did you get anyone to go with you yet? I wish it was not the beginning of school or I could have considered it. I took off the summer, but things didn't fall into that time line. I'm thrilled that you are getting everything lined up. Can't wait to hear the final plans.
    Love,
    Debbie : )

    ReplyDelete