Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Hello Everyone!!

It has been almost a month since my last post. So much is going on, still, again, always. I have been doing lots of reading and research, made multiple phone calls. Weeded out those that I don't feel right about in my gut, or for other, what seems like obvious reasons, and again, have the "butterfly feeling" in my gut. It is all a good thing and a step I am so ready to take. I am still in the filling out all the paperwork process, and will need to decide in the next few weeks which way I want to play this hand. I also want to talk with my neurologist and endocrinologist to ensure their support and help with the monitoring of me after the fact. Thank God, I have lived with this disease long enough to know the ins and outs of tweeking my insulin based on any number of scenarios. Not only that, I have been called "obsessive" at times in regard to how often I check my blood sugar. I try to keep a reality grip, but with no real warnings anymore, better safe than sorry right.

I have begun boosting my immune system again, with my whole food supplements, as well as my FRS (started that again just to keep up with my extra work load; another total story). I have such great feelings about this stem cell treatment but am also trying to keep my expectations in check. Research has proven great things, but the idea of going to another country can be a little intimidating. I need to have someone with me who can be aware of me and my symptoms. I, of course, can't be afraid to let whomever travels with me know that I think there may be something wrong. What I find so promising, is there are no immunosuppressants involved, its all about regenerating my own body. How cool is that???

We still have the issue of money, but I think we only need to come up with about $15K and there is the possibility that I can take a loan, and they are going to see about a "scholarship" .... LOL .... Hell, if this works, I will be the freaking poster child. I would nothing better then to show the US government that they are denying so many people, not just Type I diabetics, of potential cures, better quality of life, and all the things that go along with that feeling.

So ... pray, rub your rocks, what ever it is you do to send good karma out to me as I embark on what I truly believe will make the difference.

I will post again soon.

Thank you all for continuing to support me in my venture for continued life.

Peace and Love
et

2 comments:

  1. OK, so what is this new venture you are going on? I have not seen another post to keep me updated. Obviously you are going out of the country for another stem cell "thingy." Where are you going and to whom should we thank? Where did you find the information and where/when is everything taking place? I hope you continue to do well and get yourself "taken care of.'
    Keep us posted.
    Love,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bink:
    I have the same questions as Deb. When did you find out about this? Is it safe? Who will be going with you? I am praying for you every day and know that the right cure will come to you.
    Love
    Mom D

    ReplyDelete