Sunday, December 6, 2009

Round two today ....

Hello again,

In response to my long-time friend Deb, (from old stomping ground of MA) .... there is in no way a need for an apology of any sort for things that may have transposed in our past. We DID have some really good times, and yes, I was considerably more moody back then, than I can be now. I see part of that as having no tools to use at the time other than the dipsticks ... LOL .... and to be honest, having no real use for them. I was busy trying things I most likely shouldn't have. But ... also, I will never regret my choices at the times. I am trying to be as honest as I can without hanging myself or others .... LOL ... but that too, will come out in time as certainly it was a medical advice on my trip to Amsterdam in 1999. I still have beautiful blue eyes with what they say are very few signs of diabetic retinopathy.

In any event, no regrets, no apologies, no ignorance on your part, as I was not as big a share person back then as perhaps I should have been, but it went back further than our days in high school. We did good, we turned out to be awesome individuals, and we created some of the next generation good ones!!! Rock on !! (to use your words :D)

Another reason I came back on today, was something I read in the online version of the local newspaper here to day that really hit my heart hard. It happened a couple of days prior to Thanksgiving, and in reading, did not realize that I had met this young boy back in 2001 with his parents and a few other locals living with Type I. I won't use their names as I am unaware of if they would want to be recognized at this point and what must be at this time, a deep, inconsolable pain on the loss of their son in his sleep to a diabetic seizure at the age of 17. A senior at Prescott High School and about to embark on what would have been a wonderful life's journey to college. Cut short ..... the sinking feeling I got from reading this young man's obituary was something I don't think I can explain. Why not me ??? I am older, complications already setting in ... I don't understand, only to say this, that I hope and pray that this young man's life was not lost in vain. My undertaking with the transplant is to prevent such happenings in our next generation of youth that will be afflicted. It is sad, and shouldn't happen to ANY family in the age we live in. We need to get rid of the politics involved in our medicine and rid the pharmaceuticals of making major profit at the cost of our young people. I firmly believe that we could have a cure closer than we are lead to believe if we removed the politics involved. (this rant is not doubt left for another blog post).

I just had to comment on the loss of this young man's life, it touched me deeply having had encountered him years ago as a young boy, and while volunteering with the local ADA here in the Prescott area, and at the time trying (if I recall correctly) some sort of support group in the area. I am not the largest fan of the ADA, as it is only my opinion, but they cater to the type II's of the nation. We NEED to focus on the Type I's, the young people that hold our future. Let's not lose any more young, talented, bright children to this senseless disease. We need to find that cure !!!! Please keep this family in your prayers as well, I am sure that especially at this time of year, their hearts are empty and in pain.

Okay .... well .... did the dog park, nose is still frozen ... did my dad's for an hour .,.... headache is still pounding. I have laundry to finish up and some work to do here at home.

Peace and Love
et

No comments:

Post a Comment