Saturday, December 26, 2009

The Day After ....

I love pretty colors .... LOL .... after yesterday's post I discovered I could sport my flair... :D

Anyway .... Good Morning !!!

I hope everyone enjoyed their Christmas Day. For me, it was very quiet, Hilly is working all weekend, so it was just Maggie and I. We hung around all day, me in my sweats hacking up a lung (still fighting this URI), and Maggie with her Christmas bone which again, I regret to inform the animal lovers in my life, IS destructible .... LOL ..... it lasted about two hours ... and she already has it to the point where I will have to take the $10 bone away from her due to the shredding of the "indestructible" rubber they claim is for "high energy chewers." What a crock!!! The jaw pressure on this dog baffles me ..... I am, however, so very happy she has not chewed on any furniture, or anything I would consider valuable ... not that my furniture is valuable .... I just can't afford to replace it. She is a chomper !!! But ... she lays so pretty with me when she is doing it .... content .... in front of the television .... LOL .... she is so totally engrossed in the television it makes me laugh. She will actually jump off her pillow and onto the couch so she has a head-on view of the TV, plops down and proceeds to chomp away while watching. Too funny !!!

Anyway .... Christmas was very quiet here in the Tyler household. I spoke with my dad yesterday morning, and I told him i would take him to a late lunch, early dinner today (not much open yesterday) as I was not up to cooking anything for just two of us. I feel like crap. I think it is a combination of things going on that has my BGs up and down. One ... the infection ... always a stress on the system, which I have been pumping myself full of Mucinex and supplements ... I do feel some relief ... but I think it has gone to my chest and that will require steroid medication ... which I HATE to use as it shoot up the BGs for about a week or more. I know they work well in the inflammation process, but they reek havoc on the kidneys and glucose control, so I try real hard to stay away from them. If I don't have any real relief by the end of the week, I will ask my cardiologist ... (hehehe) to prescribe something to take care of it. The other issue that has been presenting a problem is the fluctuating hormone levels which occur with "MENTALPAUSE" ..... LOL .... yes .... another phase of a woman's life that your mother never really gave you all the dirt on !! My mother and I did joke about the aspects of it on occasion, but never really got into the whole .... upheaval of the symptoms it presents. In my case, we add the diabetes, which is an endocrine disorder, therefore, hormones play a large role. I tried to tell my doctors this when I was a teenager, that I felt weird at certain times of the month. They of course, at the time, blew me off as nuts, It was all in my mind. Well.... after the Edmonton Protocol trial of the 80s it became clear the teenagers did in fact have blood sugar fluctuations that went along with certain times of development. Bite me again !!! If there is one thing I can say honestly and up front, is that over the years, I have learned a lot about my body, about myself, I know what can and does effect my moods via blood sugar .... it can often times be very discouraging ... but what was I to do. It was the hand I was dealt, I had better figure out how to cope with it and make the best our of what I had to deal with. I will admit, that there were times, (East coast Deb commented on in an earlier post) about my "mood swings" as a teenager. LOL .... yes, I can laugh at them now, I was a total bitch at times..... and a lot of times, it was out of my control. My body was doing it ... I don't think I have ever taken advantage of the "excuses" that some could use in this disease, to get ahead. If anything, I kept my disease to myself. Very few people know .... therefore, what they saw, was what they thought they were getting. Never to look much deeper than that, and that was how I liked it. I didn't want to be treated differently. I was still a person, I still had feelings, I still had dreams, desires, the wanting to further my education etc. etc. As a "newbie" I remember being treated differently. It was a terrible feeling for a 9-year-0ld, to suddenly be different. For the other kids to not understand, so many of them, and their parents too (ignorance in my opinion) thought I was contagious. How isolating do you think that could be for a kid. In hind sight, I don't think I did too bad carving out a place for myself. I am a unique individual, with many interests, I think I am smart, talented, and okay, not so hot anymore .... but there was a time .... LMAO .... that I was not too bad to look at. On my 45th birthday I remember my mom telling me in the middle of Red Lobster I should "upgrade your wrinkle cream" cause what I was using wasn't working so great. Like I said before .... they are laugh lines, blended with a couple of small scars .... war wounds ... and they all play a part in what I have become.

Okay .... well the menopause thing is effecting my blood sugars too in past months ... all this hot/cold/hot/cold crap ... it makes a woman sort of nuts .... LOL ... and now the dog is whining ... so I guess I need to get up and take her out. I just wanted a few minutes, and I got called from the hospital for records this morning so I was sitting here in front of the 'puter ....

I will try and touch base again here later this afternoon. Hope no one is going to attempt that whole gift return chaos today. Relax, hang out, enjoy the day, watch some basketball .... foot ball whatever. .... read a good book. I am stockpiling reading material in hopes of 7-10 days in isolation .... I can't remember that last time I had nothing but time to vegetate in a good book.

Have a good day .... talk at you all later !!!
Peace
et

2 comments:

  1. Hey B - hope you are enjoying your down time! I am!

    2 things - Vicks Vapor Rub (they now make a cream) for the chest cold - works wonders - I swear by it and use it religiously when the cold moves to my chest - use it on the kids too! Joe will even use it and he is a fuss about using anything because of all the meds he takes!

    Nylabones for Maggie - they are the only thing that either of my 2 labs has never torn to shreds! The only indestructable bone that I know of! Carson has had one for at least 2 years and it's still going strong! Also - not sure how much exercise Maggie is getting but that seems to be another big thing with Carson - if he doesn't get enough exercise he gets kinda feisty! Back when he was young he would tear the place apart - now he just steals certain things, socks, cardboard, things like that but I can see a big difference in his behavior when he has a good walk or run. I know that may be difficult for you to get out and do with him but maybe that good girl of yours can help you out there?

    Peace and good thoughts - you are just a few yards short of the top of the hill!

    B :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Bink,
    Just checking in again. I totally understand the hot/cold/hot thing - ain't it grand! I also have the silly mood fluctuations where I think someone hates me if they look at me when we pass in the hallway. Reality is that the person is simply passing me and I see it totally different, and totally wrong ha.
    We are just "chillin" up here in MA. Rick has the day off so he is putting together the gas grill my folks and I got him for Christmas. He has been out there for quite some time. I wonder if the $20 would have been worth it to get it preassembled ha. Oh, time to roll the grill onto the front porch - gotta get going.
    Keep up the positive attitude and I will send you some more Reiki to help battle that cold of yours- start to feel the love baby! lol (hey, I'm getting into the groove here ha, I mean lol.)
    Love ya,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete