Monday, September 10, 2012

News Makers

Good Morning, and happy Monday!!

Life is not all it is cracked up to be in my world these days.
I can honestly and happily report that the ONLY thing going in a positive upswing is my diabetes progress.  In all the happenings since my accident, an episode I don't think I would wish on my worst enemy, I continue to struggle with stamina, remembering, focus, learning new things ... I am reading better with my new lenses, but that is like a bad amusement park ride at times ... hahaha ... like walking!!! If my eyes hit the imaginary lines now placed, and the prisms, etc, I often fall off curbs that are not even there. Yep .... I take graceful to a whole new level .... hehehe ....

Anyway ... I am trying to cope with the loss of my health insurance, the loss of my job/career, our home being placed in foreclosure status, a low-ball offer on my injury from the other insurance company ... which just pisses me beyond anything I can put in print here .... hahaha ... not any of this funny, but ... we all know this is how I cope with distressing situations. I just can't believe every day some other totally beyond anything that should be right gestures of the world. 

What happened to face-to-face encounters??
Why must the entire world (or so it seems) be so cruel, so greedy, so out to make a buck off someone else's bad luck, misfortune, etc.
People with no real education calling the shots on someone who was intelligent, hard working, determined, .... ???

I am no angel ... however, I don't understand the motivation other than the almighty $!!
It all seems to me that money rules ... and as a result, not as much love, concern, empathy or cures to the problems or issues.

Ok ... well, let me get off the pity pot as I know all to well, that I am NOT the only person on the planet to be struggling. I have no plans, little options, and no guidance except .... "You really need to find a way to cut your medical expenses."
CAN YOU IMAGINE?!? this was the comment given to me by a credit counselor reviewing the mortgage. Next month I celebrate ... hahaha ... 40 years living wiht Type 1 diabetes .... and just when I thought I was in a place where I may be able to play a major role in such a big arena to bring stem cells to the people, I get my life taken away from me in a moment, with no notice, and no concept of what my future may hold, to be told I need to lower my medical expenses .... ok, lets start with the most expensive of my medications ... Insulin .... that costs me approximately $300/month ... without that, I am dead ..... yes, it is that simple ... and yet will be a painful death for anyone who would have to endure this outcome. I am currently on my last of the Cymbalta, in which withdrawal symptoms are literally taking its toll on my body, which in turn, strains my brain and adds undue stress, panic ..... anxiety .... I am trying to gain more info on meditation, calming myself ... Maggie actually does this really well with me. :D

Ok ... enough complaining on my part.  I have a couple of stressful encounters to tend to today ... but would like to share this mornings news on the stem cell front.

For the boys .... and I know that this issue of erectile dysfunction can affect many men who have type 1, nerve damage does some huge damage. Check out the latest application for adult stem cells ... and not male, but I can tell you that the results I have had in regard to feelings, i.e., neuropathy in my feet, the awakening of these feelings in which became so incredible clear within hours of my 1st treatment, I would love to have some feedback on men who may have had some improvement.

Check out the link below:
http://www.sacbee.com/2012/09/10/4804732/a-new-approach-to-erectile-dysfunction.html

and the last one for today ... the Stem Cell Summit!!!!
Will be held in Palm Beach in December ..... this would be a dream come true for me to attend this gathering. I would do my best to see, hear, ask questions, reap the rewards of sharing information to both the doctors/professionals and patients alike. I don't, however, see that happening for me .... but check it all out!!!!!

http://www.sacbee.com/2012/09/10/4804924/kyoto-university-icems-to-co-organize.html

And on that note ... I wish everyone a wonderful day, and, an awesome week!!!

Peace and Light ~ Be good to each other!!!
et

No comments:

Post a Comment