Monday, October 4, 2010

Mark your calenders !!!

Hello to everyone!!

I would like to share with everyone the latest activity.

On Saturday night, November 13,2010 there will be a "New England Fish Fry" to be held for my benefit in obtaining funds for my stem cell treatment. A friend, co-worker, and local member of the Eagles here in Prescott has taken my cause to heart and pulled in all his connections to help pull this evening off. I don't know how to thank all these people for their giving generousity on my behalf. Dinner will be from 4-9 with wine tasting from 4-5, dinner to begin at 6. We will have a key note speaker, a doctor recently relocated to the Prescott area who has stem cell knowledge and the potential for such a science. I also will be speaking, not at all nervous about this little chat, but ... have a few weeks to work on my speech. Hillary will be appearing with me, if for nothing more than to hold me up while I try to tell my story in a short, nonboring manner. I have so many people, strangers for the most part, have come to the front in support of my mission, and seem to be very touched, and genuine in thier interest and promotion of my cause. I just know that deep down, this is going to be a fabulous event!!! For not only my quest, but for those who will be following and see (hopefully praying) the results of such a treatment.

Tickets are being printed up by the Eagles, they will be available at various locations, at the Eagles, hopefully through people at the clinic, at YRMC, through the news paper, which will be contacted again this week to get this off and running, as well as talk of radio promo. If we can get a TV crew up here, a couple of people are trying to secure this as well. I am finding this all so very overwhelming, so humbling, it is an experience I have never felt before, may never feel again, and really do want to see people helped by what I am trying to promote. So many factors coming into play that it is often time very emotional for me these days.

Tickets are $25/person to include: Lobster bisque; New England Clam "Chowda", specially battered cod; slaw; wine, dessert and a baked goods table, as well as the quilt raffle which will most likely go that night. There will be a bar available, and some accoustic music too! It is pulling together to be a wonderful event with so much being donated by various local restaurants, winery, and man-power. I don't know how I can ever thank all these people for the generousity for a person they have never met and are going strictly on the words of my friend and fellow clinic employee Jon C. This man has been so very generous and yet, doen't feel like any sort of hero, he "just want to help." Again, God is very good to me in so many ways.

So Please, spread the word, plan to attend if you can. Come share in my journey, my emotions, and my hope!!!

Thank you all for your continued support. I will post more info and graphics as they become available.

Peace and Light
et

3 comments:

  1. How encouraging and beautiful that people are so caring and willing to help others. I can understand how you must feel. Your coworkers, friends and others are all behind you - and yes, God is good and will be your strength. Be well....Love, Aunt Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    It has been a bit. Looks like you have continued to work hard at raising money for your treatment. Do we have to actaully go to the event to buy tickets? I won't be going, but will buy a ticket.
    Let me know.
    Lots of love,
    Deb
    p.s. Keep the faith girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ticket price is to help cover the food costs, which is all being done on donated time, by a friend/coworker and some of his buddies. The doctor is speaking for free, his wife is a city councilwoman, I have coworkers (psychiatrists coming to back me up, which I find so amusing), it's all good. I appreciate your offer, but the tickets will go to the folks that will show to eat. It is growing legs as far as an event. The radio stations have been notified, now that most is secured the television network stations will be notified for a second time to announce the event. I am having a hard time keeping my mind straight, I don't really want to be famous, but Hilly keeps telling me to "suck it up cupcake, it's all good" Keep the faith with me as this is so promising for so many. I am going to post a press release in which I had heard the story from my patient advocate, but now his name is known. AMAZING stuff !!!
    Love you!!
    Bink

    ReplyDelete