Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Not unitl August

Hello All!!

I hope everyone is enjoying their summer. It would appear that a majority of the US is undergoing a heatwave.

I went to Phoenix today to visit with my endocrinologist. Appointment went as well as can be expected. She will continue to do all the usual following. We discussed that stem cell treatment. She was very supportive of my undergoing this treatment given all my lows. She spent a good portion of the appointment shaking her head. When I ask "what am I suppose to do" she states we need to do something about these lows. Again, she shakes her head and states "they really worry me for you." Well.... they worry me too!! They are scary, she admits that she feels I am handling the situation as well as can be expected. She acknowledged my being very down in regard to being rejected from the islet study. She agrees that in regard to the stem cell treatment, even if it doesn't stop my need for insulin, it will, like the islets, reduce my symptoms of the low blood sugars thus reducing my risk of danger and/or death. I tell her that I am totally exhausted, that if and when my blood sugars drop at work that it takes me several hours depending on the severity of them to bounce back, leaving me in a sort of brain death. It sucks. She acknowledges my fear and frustration. She is a very nice woman, much younger than I, but on her game just the same. She also checked my feet, she is always crawling me about my feet. How I shouldn't wear open toed shoes ... etc. etc ... LOL ... I told her about just being cut loose from the boot in which I had been sporting since just after my last appointment three months ago!! Today ... me sporting my Birkenstocks ... LOL.

Okay ... well .... it is looking like August before I get work on the Adipose stem cell treatment. I have opted to try this first, the cells coming from my own fat tissue. Not like I don't have enough of that to spare. If after 4-6 months we see no real benefit, I will undergo the placenta stem cell treatment in hopes of better results. I am holding out hope and continue to pray for yet more time on this planet. I still have some things I would like to do, see, feel, etc. A girl at work made a comment to me last week stating, "Everyone I talk to who has met you or has anything to do with you, just loves you!!! I don't get it." She laughs uncontrollably, stating that at times, often when "stupid", I can be a tad difficult, but seem to bounce back with the diversity card. This too shall pass. It just takes a whole lot longer these days. I bottomed out at work a couple of weeks ago, Nika, my gaurdian angel in one of the offices, is helping me, keeping an eye on me, when my boss comes back and starts talking rather quickly. She states to my boss that "she is a little on the stupid side at the moment", my boss waves it off and continues talking. Nika then proceeds to explain to her that when I am in this state, I am not comprehending a thing that is being said to me. It is no wonder I still have a job, or that they feel I am so good at what I do. For the most part, almost everyone knows what happens in these episodes, some better than others, and they all keep a watchful eye on me. Unfortunately, I feel rather "needy" at times and not always worthy of the attention when it disrupts not only my productivity, but that of my co-workers as well. I have found myself in deep thought recently as to how long I can continue at the current pace I have been pushing myself to maintain...?????

So, as soon as I hear, you folks will hear.
Again, thanks for the continued support and prayers. I very much appreciate them.

I need to get my passport updated so I will be ready to travel.

Be well and enjoy the summer!!!
Peace and Light
et

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a plan has been hatched - cells from yourself and that is good....Sorry to have not been in contact....sustained a severely broken foot on 6/15 requiring surgery, rehab and now homebound for awhile. Still happy to hear you have support from your dr. and she's looking out for you....Aunt Eileen has been ill also...but doing much better....we're a pair...not able to do much for ourselves at present - but watch out - we're bouncing back....thinking of you, sending love and good thoughts for your upcoming procedures....Love, Aunt Ann

    ReplyDelete