Monday, May 10, 2010

Does intervention come this fast ???

I no sooner hit post on the last blog entry when my cell phone rang.
I had inquired about a stem cell procedure to be done outside the US.
The call came from a man who lives right here in AZ. He and his wife had their son treated for a "can't do anything more" seizure disorder. Hope was dim. They took him to be treated by Dr. William Radar, two years ago. They have had remarkable results. This gentleman shared my outlook about the US government, politics, religion and what happens when you tie all three together in regard to healthcare and those we love.

I am in yet another process. To save my life and hopefully, my hope anyway, to make some noise about why and who is holding up these sorts of treatments in this country. How shameful is it that I would have to travel to another country where these sorts of treatments have been going on for 15-20 years. This particular doctor, treating patients, many type one diabetics, for 15 years!!!

I may not be completely "cured" but this would not require antirejection drugs, and if nothing more, will, as would the islet cell transplant, stop my critical lows allowing me to regain better control.

The problem for me will remain, the funds to get me there and pay for the procedure.
So ... now .... how do I get people to support me in my effort to undergo stem cell therapy??? I know that there are many people out there that believe in this science, and I have stated for a long time that I believe this is where many diseases will eventually end. Please help me continue with the fight.

I should be getting another couple of calls in the next few days in regard to what is expected, review of my case, and approximate expectations of such a treatment on my current status.

Thanks again for the continued support.

PS: The quilt tickets are not yet gone, we contemplated pulling a name from the hundred we sold already, but were holding out hope that something else would come along. Perhaps .... that something has arrived.

et

No comments:

Post a Comment