Sunday, April 25, 2010

Out of the US

This post is aimed at collecting information on foriegn therapies.

I have been doing a lot of reading, and am slightly confused as to the where and why of some of it.

Sandra, know what I do about your journey, would you be willing to share some info with me on how you came to use the facility in Argentina? I have decided that if it is at all possible, I may engage the thought of traveling out of the US to get what I need to extend my life. I have various thought processes on this decision. One, being that I am so tired of the US Government, the FDA, and the multiple other agencys that have thier hands in the process of science that is truely being held up in the US due to the folks that have thier hands in the decison making. Some of these therapies have been going on in other countries for years, WHY? must we get held up in the US, people losing thier battles everyday not just in Type I, but many other devestating diseases. I no longer feel that the US has the "best medical care in the world." How can I? When the rest of the world is flying by us in so many areas, research, education, funding, etc.

You can call this a political rant if you want, but I have watched this for years, and where my own health is concerned, I am tired of waiting. I got bumped from the islet trial based on one blood test. A test that really only put me in a list in which it might take a little longer to find a suitable match. Well .... how much longer will I have to wait for FDA approval? Given the results that are being shown with this advancement, and has been shown for almost 20 years, how much longer? will the US goverenment hold it up, until they can decide who is going to make the most money off it? Who will truely benefit, the rich, how many insurance companies will limit payment of such treatment, and who will be the lucky recipients of such.

Politics is taking over the freedoms in which so many have fought and died for.

If you have information that you may share with me in regard to the treatment you/your son recieved in Argentina, please contact me at my email address: elizatyler5@gmail.com.

Much appreciation ..... and I will continue to make posts as I progress in the next phase of my journey. I can't give up just yet, but I am getting very tired, and frustrated with my health status and trying to keep up with life as most know it.

Thanks!!
Continued Peace and light to you all!!
et

2 comments:

  1. I have so much to share about my journey with my son's transplant. My blog is www.stemcellsyourown.com I feel what you feel. I had to fly out of this country to have adult stem cell transplant for my son. Why aren't these treatments approved here yet? so many other countries are so many years ahead of us....How dare the US put "profit over principle!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bink,
    It was really great to see a post from you. I knew you would bounce back and get yourself back to fighting for what you need. Good luck with your search. I read something in one of our science magazines, I will bring it home this weekend and see what it is all about.
    Keep up the fight girlfriend.
    Love ya,
    Deb
    p.s. Welcome back : )

    ReplyDelete