Thursday, November 18, 2010

Benefit Update




Greetings and an upcoming Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!!!

Last Saturday was the Fish Fry benefit. We had a pretty good one night event, in spite of the fact I had never done anything on this level before. I can't thank ALL the people that came, donated, worked so hard to pull this event together. Not as many people showed up as bought tickets, but it was a totally emotional, amusing, and very educational evening for everyone with much positive feedback. Hopefully, the newspapers will do a follow up in this coming weeks edition.

Overall, we made a deposit of 1595.oo with a check being presented to myself from the Eagles for profits from the dinner and some of the raffles they had going. The quilt brought in close to $750. total including what was sold prior to the San Francisco trip.

There was a call from a local doctor that made inquiry into where, when, etc and said that he could not make the benefit, but would like to send a check. Haven't heard any more about that yet, but I have definitely peaked an interest in the medical community. Except my eye doctor today ... I think he really needs to expand his mind a little and learn what is out there. Might be time to shop for a new ophthalmologist. In spite of my opinion to closed minds, my eyes were and remained stable as of today. They sure do feel old and worn out these days.

The winner of the quilt was Aggie Doyle of MA, my home stomping grounds. CONGRATS!! I hope you enjoy it as it is beautiful and I appreciate your offer to "re-raffle", but I wouldn't feel right about doing that. Perhaps another might come along just as beautiful and we can do it again. Each one is a work of art and no two alike.

There are a couple of pics I will attach here, it was a great evening.

On a slightly negative note: The ISCI has gone up on the cost of the treatment from $10K to $11,5K .... so I am still sitting at ground zero in reality. On an even better note, the ISCI is in process of working with a major US University to follow patients that undergo the adult stem cell treatment (adipose). This is one area I would love to be a part of. I have sparked an interest in the local medical community, and was told I "know your stuff." That is such a good feeling knowing that what I am putting forth is research and movement on the cutting edge. I can and plan on, playing a small role in bringing this sort of advancement in treatment to many.

I will try and make a more in depth update over the weekend.

Again, Thanks to ALL who continue to keep me in their prayers and for the support. I can not thank you enough, and at many times, Thank you just doesn't seem like it is enough.

Peace and Light
et

5 comments:

  1. Hi there, I am new to Chino Valley and found your blog, Looks like you live a full and wonderful life

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update - glad to see Aggie won the quilt - I'm sure she will love it! Keeping you in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your fundraiser! It was a success and you do have many wonderful people on your side - me for one, as you know.
    I'm glad to hear that your sight is A-OK. You can't "educate" everyone, but thank you for bringing this new treatment up front and in the "spotlight." You are making a huge difference in many peoples lives - you go girl!
    I hope you have a super Thanksgiving.
    Lots of love,
    Deb : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops, forgot to put an apostrophe on peoples' lives - my bad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for your kind words. Yes, Deb, it is true, some don't want to be educated and would rather live in denial and then throw some very derogatory comments at me stating I should just "change my lifestyle." To people who continue to think like that in regard to those diagnosed as type I are totally ignorant..... and .... don't sweat the apostrophe ... LOL ...

    ReplyDelete